Part of Archimedes Foundation’s activities have been transferred to Education and Youth Authority
From the 1st of August 2020, there has been a structural change in Archimedes Foundation. The Estonian Quality Agency for Higher and Vocational Education (EKKA), Academic Recognition Information Centre (Estonian ENIC/NARIC) and some state and structural grants joined the Education and Youth Authority (Haridus- ja Noorteamet).
Archimedes Foundation continues to support education, training, youth and sport as the coordinator of both the Erasmus+ and the European Solidarity Corps programmes. The Euroguidance centre, and SALTO Participation and Information Resource Centre are also part of the Foundation.
However, some departments of Archimedes Foundation have been transferred to the Education and Youth Authority, the applying processes and programmes remain the same. Along with the programs, the program specialists are also moved to the Education and Youth Authority.
From the 1st of August the following programs have been transferred to Education and Youth Authority:
- Kristjan Jaak Scholarships
- Dora Plus Programme
- Study in Estonia
- EEA/Norway Cooperation Programme in Higher Education
- Young Scholar Award
- Compatriot’s Scholarships
- Kindred Peoples Programme
- Special-needs Student Grant
- Grant for young people raised in a substitute home or family
- Scholarships in smart specialisation growth areas
- The academic studies of Estonian language and culture abroad (EKKAV)
- Estonian state scholarship programme for foreign students, researchers and teaching staff
- Scholarships for international students, researchers and academic stuff
- Speciality grant for teacher training specialties
- Estonian Language Textbooks for Higher Education Institutions
- National programme Caring Class (Hooliv Klass)
- National programme Youth Meetings (Noortekohumised)
All the above-mentioned activities will continue at the locations in Tallinn, Tõnismägi 11 and Tartu University 2. The reception hours of the ENIC / NARIC centre have not changed and they are open on Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9.00–12.00 and Tuesday and Thursday from 14.00–17.00.
Archimedes Foundation is an independent body which was established by the Estonian government with the objective to coordinate and implement different international programmes and projects in the field of training, education and research.
The Education and Youth Authority is a governmental body under the administration of the Ministry of Education and Research, which was established on 1st of August in 2020. The Autority’s main task is the implementation of education and youth policy. The joint institution was established on the basis of the services of Innove Foundation, Archimedes Foundation, Information Technology Foundation for Education and Estonian Youth Work Center.