The main functions of the Estonian ENIC/NARIC are:
- assessing foreign higher education qualifications and qualifications giving access to higher education;
- determining the correspondence of educational qualifications to the Estonian education system and making recognition proposals and making recommendations for academic recognition;
- providing information about foreign higher education systems and qualifications;
- providing information about the Estonian education system and qualifications;
- serving as Assistance Centre for professional recognition.
An applicant for the evaluation of a foreign qualification may be the holder of the qualification as well as an employer, higher education institution or another institution where the documents on education qualification has been presented.